Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Love

Love in all it's forms, family....friends...platonic....sexual...spiritual...still eludes us often in day to day existence We are born alone...we die alone, that is a truth we try very hard to ignore and suppress. Dorthy Day called it "The Long Loneliness", many call it depression, it hurts...and when we find a moment of relief from that feeling of aloneness, it makes a permanent impression on our psyches.


Some early poems of love------

Sisters

The bonds of love
like invisible curtains,
surround us
envelope us,
cocoon us in their security.
Occasionally, the softness
draws closer
brushes our cheeks with it's aged coarseness
and brings to ones remembrance
it's powerful existence.


Leather man Hobo

I think of you as I wander green fields
bathed in the summer heat.
Miniature daisies coat the wild grass
like a layer of new fallen snow;

Why did you go?


Innocence

In child's play
I gave a flower away --
A daisy whose petals tear my
heart like flint
has returned to stay.

Paradox

I find a strange peace in your anger,
For I know
even in your hate
you cannot help
but love me.....
Sadistically,
I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment